Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking multiple hard working CNC Machinists, eager to learn and work in a fast paced environment. With normal supervision and coordination from the Department Supervisor, machinists interpret drawings, make appropriate CNC Machine set-ups and operate equipment in support of parts requirements. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpret drawings and dimensions to insure proper component processing.
- Design, fabricate and install component fixtures in support of part processing.
- Make quality measurements, check dimensions, analyze date, and make appropriate adjustments to meet part specifications.
- Operate shop equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete documentation, records and information as required for each component.
- Set up and run CNC equipment and be proficient in program interpretation and part compliance.
- Run and measure to close and exact tolerances.
High school diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years experience is preferred for this position. Technical degree may be a substitute for some experience. Prior experience with CNC Lathes and/or Mills is required. Must have completed basic training on machine operations or have the equivalent machine knowledge and be able to demonstrate operational skills. Please note – some positions will require lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking skilled Optical-Mechanical Assemblers for our Aerospace and Defense Division. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assembling, adjusting/calibrating, cleaning, and testing instruments and subassemblies.
- Performs wiring diagnostics and troubleshooting of instruments, components and systems.
- Must interpret mil-specifications and blueprints/drawings.
- Must be proficient in reading calipers, height gauges, collimators, VOMs and other measuring devices.
- Demonstrates understanding of complicated mechanical components, precision fit recommendations, instrument qualifications and calibrations.
- Uses hand tools and light machinery (e.g. drill press)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical school, or 3 years verifiable experience, in optical-mechanical assembly required
- Soldering and electrical circuitry experience preferred
- Fine motor skills/manual dexterity is required including: pinching, pressing, rotating, using tweezers, delicate tool work, etc.
- Frequent sitting and standing are required
- Good near vision is required
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs, with or without assistance
- Work instructions are provided in English
- Identify key customers and markets in a designated territory that would be candidates for Spectra Precision, Nikon, and aligned products.
- Place prospecting calls to appropriate contacts.
- Establish rapport with prospective customers. Maintain friendly relationships with current and potential clients and work to solve problems for them.
- Provide a value-add solution, remove obstacles, and close business.
- Maintain contact with existing customers and provide post-sales assistance. Perform repair deliveries as needed to stay in contact with account.
- Build strong rapport with key business partners and local manufacturer reps.
- Organize and monitor the construction supplies at the local Seiler office.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two -year college degree from an accredited institution, preferably in construction, drafting, engineering or aligned fields. Relevant work experience can substitute for formal education.
- Minimum five years of sales experience as a construction sales representative with a proven track record of success.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. Travel for this position is estimated to be approximately 50% with frequent local travel and occasional overnight travel.
Position requires infrequent lifting of items up to 50 pounds.
This entry level position requires 3+ years combined experience in any or all of the following:
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable (AP/AR)
- Account Administration
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, and should have experience working in a corporate office setting. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Candidate should be a self-starter with good organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
The candidate will be cross-trained on the majority of responsibilities in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections as well as general administrative functions including, but not limited to: data entry, multi-line phone utilization, operation of standard office equipment, and customer order entry. Background in international/customs import recordkeeping a plus.
This is the perfect position for someone who is team focused. Constant communication within the Accounting Department is vital to the success of this position. This team of four has an overlapping workflow to ensure accuracy in a fast paced environment.
-The team helps plan and carry out company events (employee lunch days, holiday party, etc.)
-Career advancement into Office Management available
-Small, tight-knit team
Seiler Design Solutions, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Autodesk Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Autodesk products and solutions. We are currently seeking a motivated, entry/mid-level AEC Pre-Sales Engineer to be located in St. Louis, MO.
The AEC Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for ongoing client support though software demonstrations to customers, technical assistance and solution selling. The position is also responsible for software research, Building Information Modeling (BIM) training and implementation, and assisting architects, engineers and construction (AEC) teams with the development of project structure, workflow analysis, and support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent with 2+ years industry experience.
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Revit and/or Civil 3D software packages is required. Candidate with only one (Revit or Civil 3D) must be able and willing to learn the additional software within a 6 month period post hire.
- Knowledge of Navisworks, 3DS Max, Civil 3D, ACAD Architecture, or ACAD MEP is a plus.
- Analyzes a customer’s strategic needs and proposes solutions that relate directly to the customer’s business objectives.
- Develops and implements training curriculum tailored to the needs of our customers.
- Maintains and expands our AEC database and develops plans to help integrate our services when needed.
- Provides software product demonstrations and works with sales representatives to provide pre-sales consultations.
For more information on Seiler Design Solutions, please visit our website: http://www.seiler-ds.com/.
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Trimble products and solutions.
We are currently seeking a motivated, success-oriented technician to provide support for our Geospatial/Survey Division. This candidate must be located in the Indianapolis, IN area.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support and training for Trimble Geospatial/Survey products and software solutions, such as:
- Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center software
- GNSS receivers
- Robotic total stations
- Digital levels
- Supporting the sales initiative
- Teaching training classes as needed
- Significant local travel and some long distance travel throughout the Midwest will be required for this position.
Education, experience and skills required include:
- 1-2 years experience in training and supporting Trimble Geospatial software and hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, strong candidates with a technical degree will be considered
- Background in Civil Engineering or Surveying required, field usage of Trimble Geospatial products is preferred
- Excellent customer service record
- Strong computer skills with experience in technical support
- Public speaking ability and organizational skills are a must
To apply for this position, please visit our careers website: