Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Trimble products and solutions.
We are currently seeking a motivated, success-oriented technician to provide support for our Geospatial/Survey Division. Candidate must be located in the Indianapolis, IN area.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support and training for Trimble Geospatial/Survey products and software solutions, such as:
- Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center software
- GNSS receivers
- Robotic total stations
- Digital levels
- Supporting the sales initiative
- Local delivery of equipment
- Teaching training classes as needed
- Significant local travel and some long distance travel throughout the Midwest will be required for this position.
Education, experience and skills required include:
- 1-2 years experience in training and supporting Trimble Geospatial software and hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, strong candidates with a technical degree will be considered
- Background in Civil Engineering or Surveying required, field usage of Trimble Geospatial products is preferred
- Excellent customer service record
- Strong computer skills with experience in technical support
- Public speaking ability and organizational skills are a must
- Frequent lifting of products weighing 20-50 pounds
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking a skilled NC Programmer to work in our precision machine shop. The programmer will be responsible for reviewing drawings, developing/designing, correcting and maintaining CNC programs. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine cut dimension and configurations, selection of cutting tools, and machine speed and feed rates.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine parts.
- Prepares geometric layout, on graph paper and/or using computer-assisted drafting software, to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Develops machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along design cutting path.
- Compares encoded tape or computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes initial operations of trial runs to prove taped or programmed instructions are correct.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 years programming experience is preferred for this position. Additional programming training/education may substitute for years of experience. Strongly prefer prior experience with Master Cam machining software. Associate’s Degree or higher in Business, Finance, Management, or Mathematics a plus. 5 years experience with CNC Lathes and Mills is required. Must be able to confidently demonstrate the mathematical and programming skills necessary to design CNC machining programs. Candidates with experience in designing programs for 5 axis machines will be given preference.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking multiple hard working CNC Machinists, eager to learn and work in a fast paced environment. With normal supervision and coordination from the Department Supervisor, machinists interpret drawings, make appropriate CNC Machine set-ups and operate equipment in support of parts requirements. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpret drawings and dimensions to insure proper component processing.
- Design, fabricate and install component fixtures in support of part processing.
- Make quality measurements, check dimensions, analyze date, and make appropriate adjustments to meet part specifications.
- Operate shop equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete documentation, records and information as required for each component.
- Set up and run CNC equipment and be proficient in program interpretation and part compliance.
- Run and measure to close and exact tolerances.
High school diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years experience is preferred for this position. Technical degree may be a substitute for some experience. Prior experience with CNC Lathes and/or Mills is required. Must have completed basic training on machine operations or have the equivalent machine knowledge and be able to demonstrate operational skills. Please note – some positions will require lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking skilled Optical-Mechanical Assemblers for our Aerospace and Defense Division. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assembling, adjusting/calibrating, cleaning, and testing instruments and subassemblies.
- Performs wiring diagnostics and troubleshooting of instruments, components and systems.
- Must interpret mil-specifications and blueprints/drawings.
- Must be proficient in reading calipers, height gauges, collimators, VOMs and other measuring devices.
- Demonstrates understanding of complicated mechanical components, precision fit recommendations, instrument qualifications and calibrations.
- Uses hand tools and light machinery (e.g. drill press)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical school, or 3 years verifiable experience, in optical-mechanical assembly required
- Soldering and electrical circuitry experience preferred
- Fine motor skills/manual dexterity is required including: pinching, pressing, rotating, using tweezers, delicate tool work, etc.
- Frequent sitting and standing are required
- Good near vision is required
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs, with or without assistance
- Work instructions are provided in English
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and the World Wide Web
- Expertise with social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Familiarity with WordPress and extensive web design experience
- Experience creating visually pleasing and relevant marketing materials
- Ability to research products in depth and translate into technical writing
- Excellent communication and strong organizational skills are vital
- Candidates should be detail oriented and able to prioritize to meet short deadlines for multiple departments
- Photography/video experience a plus
The primary responsibilities include:
- Consult with and design ads, booklets, flyers, newsletters and other marketing materials as needed for each department.
- Increase and maintain a strong social media presence through blogs, white papers, videos, email blasts and more.
- Work with outside vendor for coordinating printing of marketing materials
- Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design (or related) with 2+ years current and frequent experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Verifiable expert experience with social media marketing
- Large work area
- Must love learning about new technology
- Perfect for someone who likes task variety
- Occasional travel for trade show support (up to 10 nights per year)
- Leverage all available resources and knowledge in architectural and/or design programs to troubleshoot minor problems and malfunctions for the clients, while maintaining an archive of all communication.
- Assist clients with software walkthroughs by providing them step-by-step instructions.
- Handle technical requests, such as network license creation, configuration of the license manager and other duties as assigned.
- Access advanced cases to ascertain who will be able to handle the problem, gathering enough information to facilitate the transfer to the appropriate Engineer/Trainer.
- Assist with blog posts, creating white papers and customer courtesy calls.
- Exposure to Autodesk or similar design software.
- Comfortable working with computers and learning new technologies.
- Open to learning and expanding core software knowledge and technical capabilities through continual training.
- High school graduate minimum, some technical classes preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.