Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Trimble products and solutions. We are currently seeking a motivated, success-oriented technician to provide support for our Geospatial/Survey Division. This candidate must be located in the Franklin/Milwaukee WI area. This position’s primary responsibilities include providing technical support and training for Trimble Geospatial/Survey products and software solutions, such as Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center software, GNSS receivers, robotic total stations and digital levels. Duties include providing technical support, supporting the sales initiative, and teaching training classes as needed. Significant local travel and some long distance travel will be required for this position. The candidate should have a background in Civil Engineering or Surveying with excellent customer service. Candidates should also possess strong computer skills with experience in tech support. Public speaking ability and organizational skills are a must for this position. 1-2 years experience in training and supporting Trimble Geospatial software and hardware is required and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is strongly preferred. Experience with technical training and help desk experience a plus. Additionally, a strong background in the field usage of Trimble Geospatial products is preferred.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking a detail oriented Purchasing Agent for our Aerospace and Defense Division. This position is part of a small team responsible for purchasing commodities for “build to print” contracts & supplies for our Machine Shop and Assembly departments. Responsibilities include:
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiate contracts and order with suppliers, within budgetary limitations.
- Requests quotations from vendors/suppliers. Initiates and prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories if required.
- Resolves defective or unacceptable goods or service issues with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble.
- Verifies item specifications; has the ability to digest drawing & specification requirements.
- Manage workload using MRP system (request quotes & place PO’s to support schedule).
- Comparing and analyzing vendors on various metrics such as price, quality and timeliness.
Works closely with manufacturing scheduler, inventory technicians, and cost estimator. Candidates for this position must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be comfortable with other computer systems including the internet and database programs. Candidates must have a confident and consistent approach to customer and vendor contact. This position requires strong negotiation skills, communication skills, and fluency in English. Organization and attention to detail are vital. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment and/or military procurement is strongly preferred. This position requires an Associate’s Degree or higher with a focus in business, finance, supply control or related. Five years purchasing experience is required.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking a skilled NC Programmer to work in our precision machine shop. The programmer will be responsible for reviewing drawings, developing/designing, correcting and maintaining CNC programs. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine cut dimension and configurations, selection of cutting tools, and machine speed and feed rates.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine parts.
- Prepares geometric layout, on graph paper and/or using computer-assisted drafting software, to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Develops machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along design cutting path.
- Compares encoded tape or computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes initial operations of trial runs to prove taped or programmed instructions are correct.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 years programming experience is preferred for this position. Additional programming training/education may substitute for years of experience. Strongly prefer prior experience with Master Cam machining software. Associate’s Degree or higher in Business, Finance, Management, or Mathematics a plus. 5 years experience with CNC Lathes and Mills is required. Must be able to confidently demonstrate the mathematical and programming skills necessary to design CNC machining programs. Candidates with experience in designing programs for 5 axis machines will be given preference.
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is seeking candidates for an Office Coordinator position in our Omaha, Nebraska office. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting walk-in customers
- Answering phone calls and directing calls to appropriate team members
- Providing customer support for Survey solutions by providing replacement or rental equipment
- Providing inside sales assistance
- Shipping, receiving, and inventory control
- Processing customer orders and invoicing though a computerized accounting system
- Processing purchase orders for the restocking of retail items
- Coordinating product repairs
- Other general office duties including ordering supplies, data input, and contacting outside services such as building maintenance
Candidates for this position must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must conduct themselves in a professional manner. Candidates should have strong organizational skills and be able to multitask and prioritize. Candidates must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. This is a part time position with hours starting at 24 hours per week. This position requires 2+ years experience in an administrative position with a high level of responsibility. Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Office Products. Familiarity with the Surveying/Construction industry is a plus.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking multiple hard working CNC Machinists, eager to learn and work in a fast paced environment. With normal supervision and coordination from the Department Supervisor, machinists interpret drawings, make appropriate CNC Machine set-ups and operate equipment in support of parts requirements. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpret drawings and dimensions to insure proper component processing.
- Design, fabricate and install component fixtures in support of part processing.
- Make quality measurements, check dimensions, analyze date, and make appropriate adjustments to meet part specifications.
- Operate shop equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete documentation, records and information as required for each component.
- Set up and run CNC equipment and be proficient in program interpretation and part compliance.
- Run and measure to close and exact tolerances.
High school diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years experience is preferred for this position. Technical degree may be a substitute for some experience. Prior experience with CNC Lathes and/or Mills is required. Must have completed basic training on machine operations or have the equivalent machine knowledge and be able to demonstrate operational skills. Please note – some positions will require lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company is seeking candidates for a full time Technician in our IT Department. This position is for a hands-on technical assistant who will deliver technology support services to users of the company-wide computer network. This candidate will perform a variety of administrative tasks on all computing devices including:
- Provide basic help desk type assistance regarding email, software, internet, network, etc.
- Assist with new computer set-up and new hire technology set-up
- Maintain Windows file server permissions
- Complete basic hardware troubleshooting (RAM, hard disk replacement, data recovery)
- Other project work as assigned by the IT Manager
Knowledge and experience for this position includes:
- Expert understanding of Windows and MS Office
- Must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Network Administration
- 3+ years experience in help desk and computer networking
- Current A+ and/or CCNA certification
- MS Access and database skills preferred
- VBA, VB.NET, and ASP.NET skills preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce administration preferred
- WordPress, HTML, and PHP experience preferred
- Must be very comfortable with network computing and company intranets
- Candidates with superior skills may have the opportunity to advance into management
- Opportunity for overtime
- Occasional travel to our satellite offices is required (approx. 10 days per year)
- Opportunity for creative problem solving
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking skilled Optical-Mechanical Assemblers for our Aerospace and Defense Division. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assembling, adjusting/calibrating, cleaning, and testing instruments and subassemblies.
- Performs wiring diagnostics and troubleshooting of instruments, components and systems.
- Must interpret mil-specifications and blueprints/drawings.
- Must be proficient in reading calipers, height gauges, collimators, VOMs and other measuring devices.
- Demonstrates understanding of complicated mechanical components, precision fit recommendations, instrument qualifications and calibrations.
- Uses hand tools and light machinery (e.g. drill press)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical school, or 3 years verifiable experience, in optical-mechanical assembly required
- Soldering and electrical circuitry experience preferred
- Fine motor skills/manual dexterity is required including: pinching, pressing, rotating, using tweezers, delicate tool work, etc.
- Frequent sitting and standing are required
- Good near vision is required
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs, with or without assistance
- Work instructions are provided in English