Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking multiple hard working CNC Machinists, eager to learn and work in a fast paced environment. With normal supervision and coordination from the Department Supervisor, machinists interpret drawings, make appropriate CNC Machine set-ups and operate equipment in support of parts requirements. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpret drawings and dimensions to insure proper component processing.
- Design, fabricate and install component fixtures in support of part processing.
- Make quality measurements, check dimensions, analyze date, and make appropriate adjustments to meet part specifications.
- Operate shop equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete documentation, records and information as required for each component.
- Set up and run CNC equipment and be proficient in program interpretation and part compliance.
- Run and measure to close and exact tolerances.
High school diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years experience is preferred for this position. Technical degree may be a substitute for some experience. Prior experience with CNC Lathes and/or Mills is required. Must have completed basic training on machine operations or have the equivalent machine knowledge and be able to demonstrate operational skills. Please note – some positions will require lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking skilled Optical-Mechanical Assemblers for our Aerospace and Defense Division. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assembling, adjusting/calibrating, cleaning, and testing instruments and subassemblies.
- Performs wiring diagnostics and troubleshooting of instruments, components and systems.
- Must interpret mil-specifications and blueprints/drawings.
- Must be proficient in reading calipers, height gauges, collimators, VOMs and other measuring devices.
- Demonstrates understanding of complicated mechanical components, precision fit recommendations, instrument qualifications and calibrations.
- Uses hand tools and light machinery (e.g. drill press)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical school, or 3 years verifiable experience, in optical-mechanical assembly required
- Soldering and electrical circuitry experience preferred
- Fine motor skills/manual dexterity is required including: pinching, pressing, rotating, using tweezers, delicate tool work, etc.
- Frequent sitting and standing are required
- Good near vision is required
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs, with or without assistance
- Work instructions are provided in English
- Identify key customers and markets in a designated territory that would be candidates for Spectra Precision, Nikon, and aligned products.
- Place prospecting calls to appropriate contacts.
- Establish rapport with prospective customers. Maintain friendly relationships with current and potential clients and work to solve problems for them.
- Provide a value-add solution, remove obstacles, and close business.
- Maintain contact with existing customers and provide post-sales assistance. Perform repair deliveries as needed to stay in contact with account.
- Build strong rapport with key business partners and local manufacturer reps.
- Organize and monitor the construction supplies at the local Seiler office.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two -year college degree from an accredited institution, preferably in construction, drafting, engineering or aligned fields. Relevant work experience can substitute for formal education.
- Minimum five years of sales experience as a construction sales representative with a proven track record of success.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. Travel for this position is estimated to be approximately 50% with frequent local travel and occasional overnight travel.
Position requires infrequent lifting of items up to 50 pounds.
Seiler Design Solutions, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Autodesk Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Autodesk products and solutions. We are currently seeking a motivated, entry/mid-level AEC Pre-Sales Engineer to be located in St. Louis, MO.
The AEC Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for ongoing client support though software demonstrations to customers, technical assistance and solution selling. The position is also responsible for software research, Building Information Modeling (BIM) training and implementation, and assisting architects, engineers and construction (AEC) teams with the development of project structure, workflow analysis, and support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent with 2+ years industry experience.
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Revit and/or Civil 3D software packages is required. Candidate with only one (Revit or Civil 3D) must be able and willing to learn the additional software within a 6 month period post hire.
- Knowledge of Navisworks, 3DS Max, Civil 3D, ACAD Architecture, or ACAD MEP is a plus.
- Analyzes a customer’s strategic needs and proposes solutions that relate directly to the customer’s business objectives.
- Develops and implements training curriculum tailored to the needs of our customers.
- Maintains and expands our AEC database and develops plans to help integrate our services when needed.
- Provides software product demonstrations and works with sales representatives to provide pre-sales consultations.
For more information on Seiler Design Solutions, please visit our website: http://www.seiler-ds.com/.
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Trimble products and solutions.
We are currently seeking a motivated, success-oriented technician to provide support for our Geospatial/Survey Division. This candidate must be located in the Indianapolis, IN area.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support and training for Trimble Geospatial/Survey products and software solutions, such as:
- Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center software
- GNSS receivers
- Robotic total stations
- Digital levels
- Supporting the sales initiative
- Teaching training classes as needed
- Significant local travel and some long distance travel throughout the Midwest will be required for this position.
Education, experience and skills required include:
- 1-2 years experience in training and supporting Trimble Geospatial software and hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, strong candidates with a technical degree will be considered
- Background in Civil Engineering or Surveying required, field usage of Trimble Geospatial products is preferred
- Excellent customer service record
- Strong computer skills with experience in technical support
- Public speaking ability and organizational skills are a must
To apply for this position, please visit our careers website:
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Distributor and Autodesk Gold Partner. We offer sales consulting, training and support for geospatial products.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Perform phone campaigns to current and prospective customers
- Assist in developing Accounts Based Marketing strategies
- Maintain customer data for accuracy, lead generation, customer needs, and mailing lists
- Research and help plan social media campaigns
- Support customer nurture campaigns, including follow up mailers, informative emails, assisting with events, posting video links, cross-selling, and more.
- Assist in trade show and event set-up/tear-down, planning, shipping, etc.
- Other projects as assigned by the Marketing Manager
Education, experience and skills required include:
- Some post-secondary education in a related field is required. Associate’s + is preferred
- Leadership or advanced operational experience in customer service is required
- Prior business-to-business or business-to-consumer sales strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective written communication
- Social media skills and content marketing experience are a plus!
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel)
Seiler Instrument is seeking candidates responsible for inside sales, outside sales support, processing and verifying sales commissions, marketing support for trade shows and events, and support of the export compliance program.
Candidates for this position must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be comfortable with other computer systems including the internet and database programs. Candidates must be familiar with phone systems and should have a confident and consistent approach to customer, vendor and distributor contact including sales follow-up, cold calling, and general informational contact. This position will also receive incoming sales calls and process sales orders. Other responsibilities will involve coordinating trade show activities including freight arrangements as well as organizing and set-up of show materials and booths.
Experience in data entry and general administration is required. Candidates must be detail oriented and possess excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills.
This position prefers an Associate’s Degree with three years of inside sales and/or customer service experience. Knowledge of marketing activities and general administrative tasks is required. This position does involve some overnight travel.
Seiler Instrument is seeking candidates responsible for inventory duties including storage, retrieval, and inventory management.
Candidates for this position must be able to meet the following criteria:
Candidates must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and be proficient with database programs. Candidates must be able to input, maintain, and follow up on all stages of inventory processing. Solid basic math skills are necessary and candidates must have good verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must maintain accuracy and be able to analyze inventory requirements.
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years prior experience in warehouse setting. Candidates with inventory, shipping or receiving experience preferred.
Some vendor communication via telephone is expected. Majority of work is spent doing desk work, pulling inventory and walking. This position will be required to lift and transport 40 pounds.