Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking multiple hard working CNC Machinists, eager to learn and work in a fast paced environment. With normal supervision and coordination from the Department Supervisor, machinists interpret drawings, make appropriate CNC Machine set-ups and operate equipment in support of parts requirements. Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpret drawings and dimensions to insure proper component processing.
- Design, fabricate and install component fixtures in support of part processing.
- Make quality measurements, check dimensions, analyze date, and make appropriate adjustments to meet part specifications.
- Operate shop equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete documentation, records and information as required for each component.
- Set up and run CNC equipment and be proficient in program interpretation and part compliance.
- Run and measure to close and exact tolerances.
High school diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years experience is preferred for this position. Technical degree may be a substitute for some experience. Prior experience with CNC Lathes and/or Mills is required. Must have completed basic training on machine operations or have the equivalent machine knowledge and be able to demonstrate operational skills. Please note – some positions will require lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking skilled Optical-Mechanical Assemblers for our Aerospace and Defense Division. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assembling, adjusting/calibrating, cleaning, and testing instruments and subassemblies.
- Performs wiring diagnostics and troubleshooting of instruments, components and systems.
- Must interpret mil-specifications and blueprints/drawings.
- Must be proficient in reading calipers, height gauges, collimators, VOMs and other measuring devices.
- Demonstrates understanding of complicated mechanical components, precision fit recommendations, instrument qualifications and calibrations.
- Uses hand tools and light machinery (e.g. drill press)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical school, or 3 years verifiable experience, in optical-mechanical assembly required
- Soldering and electrical circuitry experience preferred
- Fine motor skills/manual dexterity is required including: pinching, pressing, rotating, using tweezers, delicate tool work, etc.
- Frequent sitting and standing are required
- Good near vision is required
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs, with or without assistance
- Work instructions are provided in English
- Leverage all available resources and knowledge in architectural and/or design programs to troubleshoot minor problems and malfunctions for the clients, while maintaining an archive of all communication.
- Assist clients with software walkthroughs by providing them step-by-step instructions.
- Handle technical requests, such as network license creation, configuration of the license manager and other duties as assigned.
- Access advanced cases to ascertain who will be able to handle the problem, gathering enough information to facilitate the transfer to the appropriate Engineer/Trainer.
- Assist with blog posts, creating white papers and customer courtesy calls.
- Exposure to Autodesk or similar design software.
- Comfortable working with computers and learning new technologies.
- Open to learning and expanding core software knowledge and technical capabilities through continual training.
- High school graduate minimum, some technical classes preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.