Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Instrument is looking for motivated Sales Professionals, in the Survey-Geospatial Industry, who are successful, detail and career oriented and passionate about technology. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of an established, award winning organization. By providing top of the line equipment and support offerings, Seiler Instrument leads the industry with the most comprehensive and innovative solutions available.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Identify key customers and markets that would be candidates for Survey-Geospatial products by placing prospecting calls and conducting visits.
- Maintain contact with existing customers, close sales, and provide post-sale assistance.
- Build rapport with business partners and remain the main point of contact for customers.
- Keep up to date on new technology through continuous training and education.
- Read and interpret sales documents and process orders.
- Travel, usually within the state, is necessary for this position.
All candidates must have excellent communication skills. This position is expected to present information in a clear and concise manner to all levels of technical sophistication. Candidates should have knowledge of Surveying products. Software knowledge including order processing systems, CRM and word processing is required.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years sales experience, preferably within a Survey industry field. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Seiler Instrument offers healthcare benefits, life and dental insurance, 401k, profit sharing and more!
For more information on Seiler Instrument, please visit our website: www.seilerinst.com.
This position will be responsible for sales growth within the Manufacturing Division, predominantly in military/defense and aerospace industries. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, cold calling, customer visits, sales pipeline development, market development, trade shows, and sales negotiations and closings. This position is also responsible for the management, coaching and professional development of 2-3 sales personnel.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Customer focused and action oriented
- Self-motivated with strong project planning and organization skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build customer relationships, as well as negotiate and close sales
- Strong attention to detail
Required experience and education include:
- 10-15 years experience in the industries of defense, aerospace, and/or other military applications
- Experience must include business development/sales and management
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Significant additional experience and training may be considered in place of a degree
- Must have current, professional relationships with Defense and Aerospace prime contractors
- Knowledge of precision machining including CNC, drilling, and milling, machining materials and processes, optical and mechanical assembly, and fabrication.
Candidates for this position must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and have experience with CRM software and other computer systems including database programs.
This position requires approximately 40% travel throughout the United States, including overnight travel. Candidates must reside in the St. Louis Metropolitan area or be willing to relocate.
Earnings include weekly base salary and a monthly commission based on sales and margin.