Thank you for your interest in Seiler Instrument.
Notice to third party recruiters: Positions posted below are for interested individual applicants.
Please, no third party inquiries.
See open positions below:
Seiler Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religions, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations requires that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
These positions require access to export controlled articles, technical data, technology and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or a U.S. government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Co., Inc. obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security, the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
If you need assistance applying for a position, you may also contact (314) 968-2282 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Seiler Design Solutions, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Autodesk Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Autodesk products and solutions. We are currently seeking a motivated, entry/mid-level AEC Pre-Sales Engineer to be located in St. Louis, MO.
The AEC Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for ongoing client support though software demonstrations to customers, technical assistance and solution selling. The position is also responsible for software research, Building Information Modeling (BIM) training and implementation, and assisting architects, engineers and construction (AEC) teams with the development of project structure, workflow analysis, and support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent with 2+ years industry experience.
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD software packages is required. Navisworks, 3DS Max, Civil 3D, ACAD Architecture, ACAD MEP a plus.
- Analyzes a customer’s strategic needs and proposes solutions that relate directly to the customer’s business objectives.
- Develops and implements training curriculum tailored to the needs of our customers.
- Maintains and expands our AEC database and develops plans to help integrate our services when needed.
- Provides software product demonstrations and works with sales representatives to provide pre-sales consultations.
For more information on Seiler Design Solutions, please visit our website: http://www.seiler-ds.com/.
Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Trimble products and solutions.
We are currently seeking a motivated, success-oriented technician to provide support for our Geospatial/Survey Division. This candidate must be located in the Franklin/Milwaukee WI area.
This position’s primary responsibilities include providing technical support and training for Trimble Geospatial/Survey products and software solutions, such as Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center software, GNSS receivers, robotic total stations and digital levels. Duties include providing technical support, supporting the sales initiative, and teaching training classes as needed. Significant local travel and some long distance travel will be required for this position.
The candidate should have a background in Civil Engineering or Surveying with excellent customer service. Candidates should also possess strong computer skills with experience in tech support. Public speaking ability and organizational skills are a must for this position.
1-2 years experience in training and supporting Trimble Geospatial software and hardware is required and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is strongly preferred. Experience with technical training and help desk experience a plus. Additionally, a strong background in the field usage of Trimble Geospatial products is preferred.
Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking a detail oriented Associate Buyer for our Aerospace and Defense Division. This position is part of a small team responsible for purchasing commodities and wares for our Machine Shop and Assembly departments.
- Requesting quotations from vendors/suppliers
- Verifying item specifications
- Manage workload using MRP system (request quotes & place PO’s to support schedule)
- Comparing and analyzing vendors on various metrics such as price, quality and timeliness
- Basic reading of drawings & specifications
Works closely with manufacturing scheduler, inventory technicians, and cost estimator.
Candidates for this position must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be comfortable with other computer systems including the internet and database programs. Candidates must have a confident and consistent approach to customer and vendor contact. This position requires strong negotiation skills, communication skills, and fluency in English. Organization and attention to detail are vital. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment and/or military procurement is preferred.
This position requires a high school diploma/GED. Associate’s Degree or higher with a focus in business, finance, or supply control is desired. One year purchasing experience is required.
*Note* Candidates with advanced purchasing experience should also apply. An additional position may be made available for strong, experienced candidates.
Seiler Instrument & Mfg. Co., Inc., is seeking a skilled NC Programmer to work in our precision machine shop. The programmer will be responsible for reviewing drawings, developing/designing, correcting and maintaining CNC programs.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine cut dimension and configurations, selection of cutting tools, and machine speed and feed rates.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine parts.
- Prepares geometric layout, on graph paper and/or using computer-assisted drafting software, to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Develops machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along design cutting path.
- Compares encoded tape or computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes initial operations of trial runs to prove taped or programmed instructions are correct.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 years programming experience is preferred for this position. Additional programming training/education may substitute for years of experience. Strongly prefer prior experience with Master Cam machining software. Associate’s Degree or higher in Business, Finance, Management, or Mathematics a plus.
5 years experience with CNC Lathes and Mills is required. Must be able to confidently demonstrate the mathematical and programming skills necessary to design CNC machining programs. Candidates with experience in designing programs for 5 axis machines will be given preference.